January 27, 2014
How to Add a Contact Me Form to your Blog!
Before we begin I will state that this process can be a bit tricky because there are a lot of steps. make sure to follow each step carefully to ensure that your form is set up properly. I assume that you already have a blog and are just needing to add the form.
The first thing you need to do is make sure you have a Google account. This account will allow you to access your contact me responses. You can have the responses sent to any email address. If you need help setting up a Google account, Google provides a great step by step process here.
Add the "Contact Me" blog page:
1. From your blogger dashboard click on "Pages" on the right hand side.
2. At the top of this page click, "New Page", then click "Blank Page".
4. Save this. We will need it later.
Create the "Contact Me" Form:
1. I use this template from Google Docs. Most of the work is already done for you.
2. Click "Use this Template" in the top left corner.
3. Here you can make changes to what the form includes.
4. Click on "More Actions" in the top right hand side of the form. Then click "Embed".
5. Copy the code that pops up.
Adding the Code to your Blog:
1. Go back to your "Contact Me" page on Blogger.
2. Once the page is open on the top left, click "HTML".
3. Paste the code and save the form.
If you view your blog now you will see the form! The next step will make sure that you are notified anytime someone contacts you via the form.
Setting up Notifications for the Form:
I made a video to help with this section. View it here.
1. Go to Google Drive. Make sure you are logged in.
2. Locate the form. The title should be "Contact us Form"
3. At the top in the middle, click "Tools", "Notification Rules".
4. Check the boxes that say "A user submits a form" and "Any changes are made".
5. Choose if you wish to receive emails right away or if you prefer to be emailed 1x per day.
The best way to test the form is to go back to your blog and submit a form. If you set it properly you should receive an email shortly. Forms can also be used to take surveys about your blog or products. Many sellers use these forms to collect data when hosting a giveaway. As always, let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help.