June 18, 2014
What's in a Name?
I am once again reaching out to all of my amazing readers for some help! I am looking to change the name of my blog and TpT store. There are a few reasons why "On the way to Mrs. Bearfield's Class" no longer works. The first reason is that it is really looooooong. When I originally chose the name I was hardheartedly planning to become a teacher. In fact, I just completed my Associates Degree in Elementary Education. Unfortunately, times have change and I am no longer majoring in Education. (I promise to give a more detailed post on this soon.) I feel that the current name could be a bit misleading. I don't currently have a class, never have and probably never will. At least I don't think teaching 1 rambunctious 4 year old counts as a "class"? lol
In looking for a new name, I wanted something that was a bit more generic. I offer blog designs, clip art and a few other things in my TpT store. I started tossing around a few ideas.
1. Designs by Kristy - My issue with this one is that there is another AMAZING blog designer in the TpT world who goes by Designs by Christi. See the trouble there?
2. Designs by Kris - Not too bad, but I don't really use that as a nickname.
3. Designs by K - The blogspot URL is already taken. Not the end of the world per-say...
4. Kristy's Designs - I don't like the apostrophe. It just gets in the way.
5. This is where you come in. What do you think? Does it matter what the name is? I have been using this one for about 7 months. Is it too late to change?
I frequently use KristyBear for things since my last name is Bearfield, it works. Kind of.
For anyone who takes the time to leave me some constructive feedback on the topic, I will give you 1 of my five mini doodle frames packs. See below for options. Thanks for your help.